Monday: puppy walks
Saturday: 3+ mile walk
Hope everyone had an amazing Labor Day weekend. I got to see my mom crush a local 5K and see with my adorable nephew.
Sunday my mom and sister gave a small brunch for baby girl. It was perfect, and ended with one of the best cakes known to man, chocolate mousse cake from Tony's.
Not enough leftovers. Plus Larry expects me to share. To try to distract him from the (my) cake, I made this trail mix. Yeah, no where near the same, but it will last longer - and it might actually be a little healthier than cake. Maybe.
Actually, it is probably the healthiest thing I have consumed all week. Full of super good-for-you things that happen to taste really good together.
1 c dried lentil mix
1 c dried cranberries
1 c sunflower seeds, salted
1/2 c roasted almonds
1/2 c mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c dried pineapple
1/4 c chia seeds
- Soak lentils in 2 cups of water for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Drain lentils and spread thinly over baking sheet
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove and toss lentils. Cook for another 10 minutes, until crisp
- Allow to cool and mix with other ingredients.