Sunday, September 15, 2013

Everyone survived Friday the 13th....

Miles today: 5.0, easy, treadmill AM
Miles Saturday: 10 ish miles (garmin broke down)
Miles Friday: 6.3 miles, easy
Miles in 2013: 874.55 miles

Yeah..started a post on Friday- finishing on Sunday. What a weekend!

13 has always been my lucky number, so there you go. (Not so much for my husband) I had been looking forward to this morning all week because my great running buddy has returned from traipsing around southeastern Asia. We got in some nice, comfy miles this morning under the stars. The sunrise wasn't as spectacular as last week but not every day can look like this:
We caught up on everything, but the second half of the run I was so irrationally, uncomfortably starving that I couldn't think straight. All I could think of was what I was going to eat and how much. Running six miles cut the time tight and I knew there wasn't much time to make something halfway decent at home. (Larry killed the rest of the banana bread...) The only choice was Einstein really. And you know it is bad when they know you by name and order. I was going to switch things up, get crazy, and grab the pumpkin glazed bites- thingies, but kept it simple and boring and got my ass to the office. 

Larry was supposed to go to St. Louis Friday at noon. Unfortunately, a bird flew into an engine and knocked it out. They had to do an emergency landing. The way Larry told to story sounded super scary. It even made the news. So instead of getting on a later flight, he got a full refund plus $100! 

Selfishly I was excited we go the whole weekend together. Instead of the quiet night at home with the puppies, Larry wanted to grab cocktails. I was a hard sell. Multiple glasses of bubbly later...

Photo shoot at the bar. Oye ve. Made for an interesting ten miler Saturday at 5:30. If it wasn't for my friend Jen meeting me at our house, I don't know if I would have even gotten out of bed. As it was, we ran two miles, met the group, and I finished the rest of the 10 with the group. (Special thanks to Christine for staying with me and dealing me) I was pleased I didn't end up in the fetal position in someone's yard. Luckily, a run is a marvelous hangover cure and did the trick. We spent the rest of Saturday on the water. 

Did I mention how much I love where we live?

I do. 

Today is consisting of work, planning, running, and trying to get a few more miles in between rain storms. Definitely not as fun as frolicking on the beach and boating, but it has to get done...

Hope everyone had a phenomenal weekend!!